DevOps in the Enterprise: Whiteboard Session at National Instruments (Video)

I was recently in Austin, Texas and had a chance to visit National Instruments and talk DevOps.

National Instruments is a rare case study. While it’s common to hear DevOps stories coming from web startups, National Instruments definitely falls into the category of a traditional legacy enterprise.

After meeting the larger team, I settled into a conference room with Ernest Mueller and Peco Karayanev to get a deeper dive into both their DevOps and multi-vendor Cloud initiatives. Below is the video from that session.

0:00 – Intro
Topics include:

• How Ernest, Peco, and National Instruments got from traditional legacy IT operations thinking to DevOps thinking
  • Scaling a single web app in a startup vs. managing the “long tail of long tails” in a heterogeneous enterprise environment
  • Challenge of moving developers from a desktop software mindset to developing for the cloud

10:37 – Whiteboard
Topics include:

• “Sharing is the Devil”… Managing complexity through isolation by design
  • Overview of NI cloud architecture
  • “Operations as a Service”
  • Model-driven provisioning
  • Building cloud apps that span multiple clouds (Azure and AWS)
  • Working with deployment tools (and enabling developer self-service/maintenance)
  • Tools the team is publishing as open source projects (Only the second time that National Instruments has released something under an open source license)

1. nishu says:

good Free Download Mobdro for iPhone iOS – Options mobdro download app that is free while streaming, nice.

2. Dian Smith says:

The new method definitely looks tactile and much more effective. I did work on a method on my own, but as usual it failed miserably. From that day on I decided I would not waste my Intel and time and would be nice to depend on someone who is professional at handling these. cox internet plans

3. Richard Gio says:

Here is such valuable enterprise white board session. Good information you shared here. Also see this blog URL:

4. Mr smith says:

good here, The tutorial will show you how-to install Playview to an Android (phone or tablet) or Android based (Kindle Fire, BlackBerry, etc.) device. will help users to get rid of videos not playing error.

5. Anand says:

This is the guide all about Play view App 2016 is what you should be knowing

6. Ranveer says:

This is geniun app, download it

7. here is the link to sign in into hotmail account

8. download showbox app for android to watch online movies free

9. download the cinema box app to watch movies online

10. John says:

I cherish what you have here, adoration what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it enlivening regardless you figure out how to keep it savvy. I cannot hold up to peruse more from you. This is truly an extraordinary article. Logo Design Service